Wearing your aligners as directed by Dr. Hailee Rask is key to successful treatment. We have provided some instructions for you below, and we encourage you to follow them closely so that you can achieve the best possible results for your smile. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment with our orthodontist in Salt Lake City, Utah, call Bluebird Orthodontics at 385-500-7082.
Keys to successful treatment with Invisalign® clear aligners:
- Wear each aligner tray for seven days unless directed otherwise.
- Wear your aligners at least 22 hours each day to ensure proper tooth movement.
- Remove your aligners only to eat and drink.
- Do not drink anything besides water with your aligners in.
- After you eat, brush your teeth, or at least rinse with water, before putting your aligners back in.
- Clean your aligners regularly. We recommend cleaning them with a toothbrush and room temperature soap and water OR a designated aligner cleaner. Rinse the aligners well before putting them back in your mouth. Do not use toothpaste or caustic cleaners on your aligners.
- If there is a gap between your teeth and the aligners, bite on chewies. Do not progress to your next set of aligners if the current set does not fit properly.
Give us a call to learn more or to schedule a visit with our orthodontist!